South by Southwest (SXSW) announced the 10 winners of the 10th SXSW Accelerator Pitch Event, part of the Startup & Tech Sectors Track. Showcasing and honoring breakthrough ideas and solutions in emerging technology sectors, the event brought together innovators and companies from all over the globe.
“It's been a pleasure to watch the evolution that has taken place over the past 10 years in the tech scene, and we're pleased to continue bringing together the various startup ecosystems from around the world,” said Chris Valentine, SXSW’s Accelerator event producer
The ten categories and their winners are:
- Transportation, GoKid
- Sports and Performance, Nix
- Social and Culture, ICON 3D
- Security and Privacy, PolyPort
- Payment and FinTech, FutureFuel.io
- Hyper-Connected Communities, GrubTubs
- Health and Wearables, Nanowear
- Entertainment and Content, Vochlea Music
- Enterprise and Smart Data, DroneSeed
- Augmented and Virtual Reality, ARwall
New for this year’s event, SXSW named a “Best in Show” company, New York-based Nanowear. In addition, SXSW presented special awards for “Best Bootstrap” to Leaf, and “Best Speed Pitch” to Roots Studio.
Each winning company receives $4,000, a trophy, two badges for 2019’s SXSW interactive conference, and exposure to potential investors.